The 13th Annual Baraga County Lake Trout Festival L'Anse, Michigan
will be on June 9, 2018
Pequaming Run/Walk, Family 5K
Special Race Notes 2018
- Event Times
- 9 a.m. Family 5 K Rum/Walk
- 10:30 a.m. 1/4 mile minnow run
- Parking: Please do not park within the barricaded festival grounds near the L'Anse Waterfront Park.
- Shuttle Busses for the ½ Marathon and Pequaming Run & Walk will depart from the L'Anse Waterfront Park area NO LATER THAN 7:15 a.m. The busses will not wait! Please allow adequate time to pick up your race packet and timing chip prior to boarding the shuttle. Registration booth opens at 6:00 a.m.
- Race Bibs: Based on participant and community feedback, all the following events will no longer be timed or medaled events.
- Gear Bag Tags: Each participant will receive a fluorescent orange card in their packet. This is your gear bag tag for those wishing to leave their gear at the BCMH Rehab & Fitness Center during the event. Make sure the number on the tag matches your bib number. Gear bags may be turned in at the BCMH Fitness Center near the L'Anse Waterfront Park. For runners/walkers riding a shuttle, gear bags may be left in the front two seats of the bus for return to the Fitness Center. Please present your bib to collect your bag at the BCMH Rehab & Fitness Center following the race. BCMH is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Road Safety: Roads are not closed to traffic. Runners and walkers please face traffic and stay near the edge of the road at all times to reduce the risk of injury. Cyclists ride with traffic and obey all traffic laws. Please be aware of traffic at all times. Give way to oncoming traffic if necessary.
- Signs: Will be placed on roads for all events. 1/2 marathon green mile marker signs, 8 mile run/walk purple signs, and the 5k will be pink signs
- Refreshment/Aid Stations are located at 2 mile intervals along the running/walking routes; at the Skanee Town Hall for the ½ century, and the top of the Aura hill for the 22 mile cycling event. Stations are equipped with band-aids and ice packs. Sweeps will be available on the course to assist you as needed today.
- Weather: If there is a chance of inclement weather, your safety is our first priority! Events will be delayed if lightening is present. If this happens, please find shelter. The BCMH Fitness Center is located across from the festival grounds and will be open from 6 am until 2 p.m. If weather does not subside and we can't have the race, race day will be scheduled for following day. Printable copy here